Wound Management Bootcamp for the Lower Extremity
○ Heather Hettrick, PT, PhD, CWS, CLT-LANA, CLWT – Co-Chair
○ James McGuire, DPM, C Ped
○ Lynn Peterson, BSN, RN, CWOC, CLWT
Attend this dynamic session to review and learn components of lower extremity wound management. Content will include: the patient, skin and wound assessments in addition to treatment interventions that meet current standards of practice for the care of chronic lower extremity wounds with emphasis on edema management. Medical management and appropriate referral recommendations will be examined for a comprehensive approach of care.
At the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Recognize components of the patient, skin and wound assessments
- Verbalize lower extremity chronic wound treatment interventions that meet current standards of practice for edema mangement
- List medical management considerations for people with chronic lower extremity wounds
- Participate in case studies related to chronic lower extremity wounds
- Perform selected treatment interventions for lower extremity wounds
3.5 CME/CECH Credit Hours
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards and requirements for approval of providers of continuing education in podiatric medicine through a joint provider agreement between the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and PRESENT e-Learning Systems.
The New York College of Podiatric Medicine (NYCPM) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. The NYCPM has approved this activity for a maximum of 3.5 continuing education contact hours.
Professional Education Services Group (PESG) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Professional Education Services Group (PESG) designates this live educational activity for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. A maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM will be awarded.
Professional Education Services Group (PESG) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
PESG is awarding a maximum of 3.5 contact hours for this activity.