Abstract Poster Competition
Desert Foot 2022 is pleased to present an Abstract Poster Competition, in order to create a forum for the sharing of original research work performed in the field of podiatry and wound care. The Desert Foot Abstract Poster Competition plays an important role in the Conference and allows attendees the chance to present their own work to the community. After a hiatus between 2020 and 2022 due to hosting this meeting on a virtual platform, we are pleased to once again offer this opportunity. All registered attendees to the conference are welcome to participate as Lead Authors. Applications for participation are now being accepted.
Recognition Award Certificates for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Place will be received during the award ceremony in main lecture hall.
1st Place - $500
2nd Place - $250
3rd Place - $100
4th Place - $100
5th Place - $50
2022 Abstract/Poster Submissions
Requirements and Procedures
Original research, case study, retrospective or meta-analysis are all acceptable.
Important: Please review the following before you complete and submit your abstract. All submissions are limited to a total of no more than 300 words (sections 4-8 below) and must include:
- Title: Try to keep title as concise as possible. Capitalize first letter of each major word.
- Topic Category: See below for Suitable Topics.
- List of Authors:List primary author first, all other contributors should be included in order of their degree of contribution to the finished work, include degrees and affiliations for each
- Aims/Objectives/Goal/Purpose: What does the research intend to demonstrate?
- Materials and Methods: What methods and procedures were used to document and analyze your findings?
- Results: Discuss the results of the study and analysis.
- Conclusions: Authors conclusions and opinions are presented in this section.
- Submission Deadline: Wednesday, November 23, 2022.
- Poster Image Deadline: Sunday, November 27, 2022.
The Lead Author for each abstract submission must be registered and must attend the Desert Foot 2022 Conference.
- Limb salvage
- Neurological and vascular disease affecting the lower extremity
- Wound care issues
- Evidence-based standards of wound care
- Cost-effective foot care
- Preventative foot care for at risk populations
- Any other topic relating to primary treatment or treatment of complications pertaining to at risk wound care patients.
- Abstract submissions are Due Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at Midnight
- You can submit multiple abstracts
- Abstracts will be judged by the Abstract Committee within a few days of submission and either Accepted, Rejected with Comments or Rejected
- Judgment notices will be sent to participants via email immediately upon judgment
- If rejected, abstracts may be revised and re-submitted
- Once acceptance is received, participants should immediately Register for Desert Foot 2022
- Poster files should then be created and uploaded by Midnight, Sunday, November 27
- PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD OR SEND POSTERS UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF ACCEPTANCE VIA EMAIL
- Winners will be announced in the Lecture Hall before the PM Break on Thursday, December 1.
All Lead Author Poster Presenters must be registered for the meeting and must attend. If you have not already done so, please register. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by a committee chosen by the Desert Foot Chairmen.
This year's committee includes:
Charles Andersen, MD - Chairman
Arthur Tallis, DPM
Don Curtis, DPM
Jaminelli Banks, DPM
- Scientific Method: Are the methods appropriate for the type of study? Are the statistics or comparisons meaningful to the outcomes?
- Perceived Importance: Do the results or presentation have any meaning to everyday practice? Do the results suggest a change in practice policies? Are the results preliminary requiring further investigation?
- Innovation: Is the study new or different? Does it offer a different or new perspective?
- Evidence Level: What level of evidence does this study/presentation represent? Is it high enough to consider using in patient care? Does it require further investigation before using in patient care?
Print posters to a maximum size of 4 feet by 8 feet, which is the outside dimensions of the standard 4’ x 8’ poster boards. Push pins will be provided.
Uploading Poster PDF Files
Please submit PDF files of your posters by Midnight, Sunday, November 27, so that we can publish them on the Desert Foot website for attendees. Posters posted online on the Desert Foot website get indexed by Google and receive widespread viewership.
The Poster PDF submission deadline is Midnight, Sunday, November 27. Poster PDFs received after this deadline may not be posted online.
Please check in at the Desert Foot desk upon arrival. They will help you with any questions and direct you to where to hang your posters. The posters can be no larger than 4' x 8', which is the outside dimensions of the Poster Board frames. All Abstracts and/or Posters will technically become the property of PRESENT-e-Learning Systems. You can take your poster home with you, if you wish.