Lower Extremity Wound Management Across the Care Continuum
PT, DPT, CWS, FAAWC
RN, CWON, CWS
DPM, FASPS, FACPM, CWS, FFPM, RCPS (Glasg)
This program is a MUST for any health care provider caring for patients with chronic lower extremity wounds and is included with your Desert Foot Conference Registration
Reserve Your Spot Now! (Limited to the first 100 Participants)
Differentiating lower extremity hard-to-heal wound etiologies can be challenging. If the diagnosis of the lower extremity ulcer is incorrect, it can lead to improper treatments, poor outcomes, and patient dissatisfaction. This program will support clinicians in identifying the most common and atypical lower extremity etiologies and discuss appropriate assessment and treatment interventions for each type of wound including arterial and venous insufficiency, lymphedema, and diabetic foot ulcers. Please join us for this dynamic session taught by a multidisciplinary team of wound management clinicians.
At the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic pathophysiologic mechanisms involved in hard-to-heal lower extremity wounds
- Recognize the critical components of the patient, skin, and wound assessments
- Describe the importance of a well-prepared wound bed to enhance the wound trajectory towards resolution
- Review exudate management and its role in dressing selection
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced wound care dressings and technologies that can be used to expedite wound healing to improve clinical outcomes
- Examine challenges and options for appropriate compression
- Interact with the program faculty regarding challenging lower extremity cases
This program is included with your Desert Foot Conference Registration
Approved for 3.5 CE/CM/CECH Credit Hours
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards and requirements for approval of providers of continuing education in podiatric medicine through PRESENT e-Learning Systems.
PRESENT e-Learning Systems is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. PRESENT e-Learning Systems has approved this activity for a maximum of 3.5 continuing education contact hours.
AffinityCE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AffinityCE designates this live educational activity for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. A maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM will be awarded.
AffinityCE is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. AffinityCE is awarding a maximum of 3.5 contact hours for this activity.