Desert Foot Conference Ethics Policy
It has been an honor and a privilege for PRESENT e-Learning Systems to have managed the Desert Foot Conference since 2007 and to be a small part of the high quality continuing education for podiatrists.
PRESENT e-Learning System’s goals in designing the Desert Foot Annual Multi-Disciplinary Limb Salvage Conference have been to provide a high-quality academic conference that our profession can be proud of that enables participants to improve their patient outcomes. It is the policy of the Desert Foot Conference to uphold the highest and most ethical standards of education and to preserve and protect the integrity of all of those who attend our conference. We would like to clarify our policy so that you can make an informed decision to attend this year’s conference.
The education is reviewed by an educational committee under the direction of the Conference Chairmen and taught by the top key opinion leaders from the most respected teaching institutions in the country. Our large faculty teaches evidenced-based and best practices for healing the lower extremity, with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes.
The following policy changes have been implemented for the Desert Foot Conference to fully satisfy VA ethics policy:
- All attendees will be required to pay the same registration fee as other attendees to avoid the perception that some attendees are receiving a discount or gift
- VA employees will be required to obtain prior written approval before being accepted to participate as faculty
- No honorarium payments will be provided for any participation by VA faculty
- Gift cards of $25 or less in value may be earned by or awarded to attendees for participation in conference activities
Desert Foot Ethics Policy includes:
- Attendees and exhibitors meeting within the conference website before, during or after conference hours are to abide by the VA policy, PRESENT policy and their own company’s policy on ethical behavior
- We meticulously follow the CME/CECH/CE standards of the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME), the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
We look forward to seeing you at the next Desert Foot Conference for another great educational experience to improve patient outcomes.
PRESENT e-Learning Systems