Click Here for the Latest CDC COVID-19 Guidelines
This continuing educational conference is intended for practicing surgical and wound care health care professionals.
- Identify the basic pathophysiologic mechanisms involved in chronic wounds to be able to determine and utilize appropriate interventions to affect final healing.
- Demonstrate the basic principles of managing ischemic skin and nail disease.
- Recall the underlying etiopathogenesis of foot ulcers and how this relates to appropriate management.
- Recognize the presenting characteristics of infections of the skin, nail, soft tissue and bone and demonstrate their appropriate management.
- Understand current classification systems for foot ulcers and infections.
- Recognize the ischemic and neuroischemic foot through clinical and diagnostic modalities and understand various treatment options for management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the evidence supporting multiple advanced wound technologies that can be used to expedite chronic wound healing.
- Identify the role for surgical interventions in the management of high risk lower extremity disorders.
Approved for a Total of 24 CME/CECH/CE Credit Hours and 2 ABPM MOC Points
PRESENT e-Learning Systems is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. PRESENT e-Learning Systems has approved this activity for a maximum of 24 continuing education contact hours.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of AffinityCE and PRESENT e-Learning Systems. AffinityCE is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AffinityCE designates this live internet activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse CE is provided for this program through collaboration between the PRESENT e-Learning Systems and AffinityCE. AffinityCE is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). This activity provides a maximum of 24 contact hours of nurse CE credit.
The American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM) has designated this conference for 2 Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points.
It is the policy of PRESENT e-Learning Systems that the Faculty and Staff of our education programs with the potential to influence content, will disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of our educational activities. Additionally, disclosure will be made of any intended discussions of off label/unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Speakers/authors are required to prepare fair and balanced presentations that are objective and are based on scientific fact. PRESENT e-Learning Systems has no financial interests to disclose.
The information presented at this CME program represents the views and opinions of the individual presenters, and does not constitute the opinion or endorsement of, or promotion by, PRESENT e-Learning Systems or its affiliates. Reasonable efforts have been taken intending for educational subject matter to be presented in a balanced, unbiased fashion and in compliance with regulatory requirements. However, each program attendee must always use his/her own personal and professional judgment when considering further application of this information, particularly as it may relate to patient diagnostic or treatment.